Grapefruit Ginger Smoothie for Weight Loss

This immune-boosting Grapefruit Ginger Smoothie is perfect for waking up your body and energizing. It’s creamy and packed with beautiful citrus flavor, added sugar-free and great for after Holiday detox.
Now that Holidays are over it’s time to get back to healthy routine. For me, this means desserts only on weekends and return to my good old healthy mindful eating. Thank God because I don’t know how long I would endure all this Holiday overeating madness. Parties, guests, drinking, food… OMG! Honestly, I’m fed up with all this. If someone even mentions me cookies right now, I’m gonna scream. But can you believe, my husband, he STILL happily snacks on Honey Cinnamon Cookies? I mean c’mon!!!
But before I return to my usual eating routine, it’s time to cleanse and detox my body. I really FEEL like I need one good cleanse. And there’s no better way to help my body get rid of accumulated toxins (and some few extra pounds) rather than with this super tasty, creamy, refreshing Grapefruit Ginger Smoothie that is bursting with citrus flavor and superfoods.
This Grapefruit Ginger Smoothie is so light to taste but packed with some great flavors – tangy, juicy grapefruit, sweet, mild carrot and zesty ginger. The feeling is just amazing. You just can’t take one sip and stop. It’s refreshing but so smooth and creamy. I devoured a glass at once. Which is quite unusual for me. I usually like to slowly sip my smoothies, so it sometimes takes me an hour to drink it all. And right after I had a glass of this Grapefruit Ginger Smoothie, I felt my body rejuvenate. I was instantly overwhelmed with some pleasant feeling.
Grapefruit is one great superfruit. It’s high in fiber and low in calories. It helps you with constipation and indigestion, boosts your metabolism and that’s why they are great for weight loss. Grapefruit literally melts the pounds away. Also, grapefruits are loaded with vitamin C and contains bioflavonoids and other plant chemicals that protect our bodies against serious diseases. I really love it, and when in a season I eat it like every day.
In addition to almighty powerful grapefruit (I used pink one), for whipping this smoothie, I also used vitamin B-powered carrot and ginger. All FRESH ingredients. Grapefruit and ginger pair so good together. Just yum!To sweeten Grapefruit Ginger Smoothie I used Modjul dates that gave the smoothie not only natural sweetness but also a nice caramel flavor. Also, I added some probiotic yogurt that will help my gut recover from Holiday overeating. For the vegan version, you can use coconut yogurt or some plant-based milk.
Since I feel really low on energy lately, I decided to throw in smoothie some maca powder. Maca is natural energy and health booster. It’s also very rich in nutrients.
tox your body fast than this Grapefruit Ginger Smoothie is the right thing for you. Whip it up, and drink it up. Don’t worry about calories. This smoothie is super low-calorie, added sugar-free, 100% FRESH and natural.
The texture of this smoothie is amazing. Somewhere between fruit juice and a creamy traditional smoothie. Super light and so refreshing. It’s packed with vitamins, antioxidants, real immune and energy booster. This delicious drink will ward off colds, flu and melt your pounds away. Perfect!
Enjoy!
Immune-boosting Grapefruit Ginger Smoothie great for weight loss and detox.
4.17 from 6 votes
 Print

Grapefruit Ginger Smoothie

Immune-boosting Grapefruit Ginger Smoothie perfect for waking up your body and energizing. It's creamy and packed with beautiful citrus flavor, added sugar-free and great for after Holiday detox.
 Course Breakfast, Drinks
 Cuisine International
 Prep Time 5 minutes
 Total Time 5 minutes
 Servings 1 cup
 Calories 523 kcal
 Author Natalie
Report this ad

Ingredients

  • 1 pink grapefruit large
  • 1 carrot medium, peeled
  • 2 inch fresh ginger
  • 3-4 Medjool dates to taste
  • 1 cup probiotic yogurt *
  • tablespoon maca powder
  • chia seeds for topping

Instructions

  1. Peel the grapefruit and remove all the bitter inner skin and seeds with your hands, saving just the segments.
  2. Put all the ingredients into a blender, and blend until smooth.

Recipe Notes

As a measure I used UScup (240ml).
* For VEGAN version use coconut yogurt or plant based milk.



Nutrition Facts
Grapefruit Ginger Smoothie
Amount Per Serving (1 cup)
Calories 523Calories from Fat 36
% Daily Value*
Fat 4g6%
Saturated Fat 2g13%
Cholesterol 14mg5%
Sodium 216mg9%
Potassium 1819mg52%
Carbohydrates 111g37%
Fiber 12g50%
Sugar 87g97%
Protein 18g36%
Vitamin A 13250IU265%
Vitamin C 84.7mg103%
Calcium 609mg61%
Iron 1.9mg11%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.

Post a Comment

0 Comments

>